Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happily Ever After????

I have been wanting to write this post for the last few days but for some reason have not find time to have quiet computer time. I read somewhere that we need to compare our lives to a book- with a beginning, a middle and an end. The beginning (premortal life) character's & setting were introduced. The 2nd part or the middle part is the one in which we are living. The middle part is where all the action-twist & turns are. The one in which we will be tested by temptation, by trials, by happiness and even tragedy.... So when does the line 'And they all lived happily ever after' happen. At the end-the 3rd stage of the book which is still to come but just not now. So why do we all want or expect "Happily Ever After" now? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. What is Happiness exactly? Is anyone really happy? Where does one find happiness? Many of us think that once certain things happen we will find happiness. Ex.: boyfriend, girlfriend, new job, marriage, children, partner. But once we have these things are we happy. I like to compare this to the grass is always greener on the other side. Once we get to the other side we realize that we are no more happy then from where we started. I am seeing so much unhappiness in the bloggers, in married couples, in single couples. For so many of us we feel that once we are married, married in the temple, have kids we will have complete happiness. This is definetly a fantasy. I am starting to realize that there is no set recipe or mold for happiness. Happiness has to come from inside of you not by your surroundings or other people. I am starting to think you have to make happiness happen it just doesn't come to you. You have to be make the best of the situation you are in. Happiness is a journey not a destination. I am not saying to give up. I am not saying that we will never find happiness until the end I am just saying that we have to BELIEVE AND HOPE that the 'Happily Ever After' will come eventually. And it will if we are doing the things we should be doing and making the most of this life. We have been promised this. I firmly believe this andthat is what keeps me going. Life is not perfect was never intended to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment